Today I got a burn that most people get in their childhood.
I was making supper, and the mashed potatoes were done before the meatloaf. I decided to see which of the elements the heat from the oven came out of. What I neglected to do was remember that I just turned off one of the elements from cooking the potatoes. Oops!
I spent the first few hours with my hand cupped around a bag of ice and wrapped in a wet towel. When I ran out of all the ice in the house and my hand was no longer numb, I realized that it hurt more than I thought! So off to the walk in clinic we went. I was a little shocked with everything the nurse had set up when I got into the room!
Besides the fact that tomorrow I have to do a bunch of laundry and pack for a week away (and clean the house, but I’ve resigned myself to the fact that that probably won’t happen now), the worst thing is that I missed out of my first opportunity to have a go at some T3s! Maybe next time I won’t be pregnant.