This was us 6 months ago:
Calvin was a little 7lb 2oz newborn. Now he is somewhere well over 20lbs! October 13 marked half a year of him being in our lives, which is pretty crazy! He is a happy boy learning new things all the time. Some of his most recent accomplishments are:
– He can go from sitting to on his tummy in 2 seconds.
– He can say “mamamama”. He never stops after just 2 syllables.
– He won a blue ribbon for his toe jam.
– He is getting better at sleeping through more of the night. And sometimes he sleeps in funny positions.
– Sitting on Daddy’s shoulders is the one thing he has enjoyed for the longest amount of time. Everything else he enjoys comes and goes too quickly.
– And his biggest accomplishment, but by far the easiest, is being our most favourite little boy ever!
I thought it would be fun to make a half a birthday cake, so I did! Tim thought it was “Really really really really good. Really good.” I used the recipe from Mennonite Girls Can Cook, but I halved the recipe.
We are looking forward to the next half a year when there is so much more for Calvin to learn. It’s gonna be fun!